Are your products cruelty free?
The definition of cruelty-free is that a product has not had any animal testing – so yes be assured that makes our range completely cruelty free.
Do you use plastics?
Our hand wash and hand lotion bottles are made from recycled plastics. If you look closely at the bottle you can see they have a slight hue. This is from all the coloured bottles they have been recycled from. The rest of our collections are 100% plastic free.
Is your packaging recyclable?
Yes! Our cartons are printed on PEFC forest friendly boards and printed with vegetable inks and can be fully recycled. Our jam jars and tins can be upcycled or re-purposed into a cute vase or a pot to store cotton-buds- the possibilities are endless. Best to give them a good clean with hot soapy water before re-using.
What wax do you use in your candles?
We use 100% pure vegetable wax. We love it’s creamy natural appearance (Tip: this is a giveaway that a wax is vegetable and not paraffin based).
Where are your products made?
Our candles and diffusers are all made right here by hand in in our County Down warehouse. The rest of our collections are made (not too far away) in Ireland and Great Britain.
Do you use palm oil?
Our soaps and candle wax are made with certified sustainably sourced Palm Oil. We are really proud to be a member of RSPO (Round Table on Sustainable Palm Oil) Look out for the RSPO certification logo on the back of our soap packs.
Can you post the seed bombs?
Our seed bombs will be happiest growing in Ireland. We can post them anywhere in Europe, where they can also be grown. Unfortunately, they can’t travel further afield than mainland Europe, due to restrictions on different seed species entering other countries.
How do I get the last bit of wax out of the jar?
Pop the jar in your freezer for an hour or more. The cold temperature will cause the wax to shrink and should just fall out of the glass, leaving you with a lovely little bit of wax to melt in a wax burner if you have one.
How should I burn my candle best?
Candles need a little love to get the best out of them. The first time you burn your candle its really important to let it melt right to the edge and the entire surface is liquid. Here’s the science bit. Candles have a wax memory and will burn to where it was last burned to, this is when a candle can tunnel and wax stays on the side of the jar -which is really annoying. Keep your wick trimmed to around 1/4”, but not too short as the flame will struggle to fully melt the wax.
Can you tell me about candle safety?
Candles are pretty, but they are still small fires. Follow these basic guidelines to keep yourself right.
- Learn the art of wick trimming. Trim wick to ¼” before burning. If the wick is too long the flame will be massive and your candle wont last, too short and the flame won’t be big enough to melt the wax. Try the wick trimmer in our candle care kit (click link)
- It’s best to place your candle on a heat-resistant surface, as our jars and tins especially can get very hot. Our large candles come with a handy beechwood lid that you can rest your lit candle on.
- Try not to touch or move a burning candle, tempting we know, but that jar will be HOT.
- Always keep the candle within sight, especially if there are curious kids and pets around.
- Resist temptation to burn the candle for more than 4 hours, the jars become hot very quickly and can only withstand so much heat.
- Make sure your candle is completely extinguished before you go out or go to bed. Apart from the obvious danger, it would be a waste of a good candle…
- Extinguish your candle by gently blowing the flame out or use a wick snuffer. It’s then safe to remove any wick debris or soot crumbs.
- Best not to touch candle until it’s totally cooled down.
What makes Field Day different?
Since we started way back in 2002 (you may remember us as bog standard!) we’ve been capturing and bottling the scents of our favourite Irish wildflowers and childhood memories. We love creating home fragrance that has the power to evoke and unlock emotions and memories that elevate your everyday. We pride ourselves on making high-quality products that are easy on the environment and your wallet. There’s more to us than just fragrance though, a desire to help conserve Irish land and habitats under threat. You can feel good about buying from us, in the knowledge you’re helping us to lend financial support to our local charity; Ulster Wildlife who endeavour to preserve our precious land and wildlife.
Do you make private label candles?
Our production schedules are full which means we can’t take on private label work. If you’re are looking for a personalised candle using one of our existing collections, please get in touch and we’ll see if it’s something we can work together on.
What is your environmental policy?
Much as we adore them, there’s more to us than candles and fragrances. We love the land in Ireland and have a desire to leave things better than we find them. We are aware that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment, but they can also be a force for good. That’s why we have teamed up with our local wildlife charity; Ulster Wildlife. We support them financially in their endeavours to protecting Irish land and habitats.
- We use recycled plastics for our hand care bottles. The rest of our collection is plastic-free.
- Our soaps are made with responsibly sourced planet friendly palm oil. Our diffusers are made with eco-friendly solvent.
- Our candle wax is made from responsibly sourced vegetable ingredients.
- All products are vegan and cruelty free
- Our cartons are printed on PEFC board using vegetable inks
- Our aluminium tins and glass jars have been designed to be re-purposed or up-cycled.
- All our packaging and labels are manufactured within several miles of Field Day HQ.
- Our orders are packed with biodegradable tape, water soluble pellets and recycled paper.
- Our native Seed bombs encourage a fun way to restore our precious native Irish Wildflowers.
- All our boxed products contain a copy of our ‘Friends Of The Field’ guide which features illustrations and information about our local wildflowers, weeds and handy hints and tips about helping our pollinators.
Who do you employ and what are your employment practices?
The Field Day team is a bunch of mostly County Down natives (one Alaskan!) fuelled by coffee and buns, we love what we do here. Most of us here are working mums or grannies and operate on flexible work schedules to fit round family life and commitments. As a UK company we fulfil all essential employment criteria such as those relating to labour laws, working hours, contracts and health & safety.
Where can I buy your candles?
Apart from on-line, check out our stockist locator to find your nearest stockist. Hopefully there’s one near you. If not let us know!
Can I become a Field Day stockist?
If you think we’d be good fit with each other, we’d love to hear from you. Please complete the Become a Stockist form, and we’ll be in touch.
Do you offer refills?
At the moment we don’t offer refills on our collections. We may do in the future though, and we’ll be sure to let you know if we do.
When will my order arrive?
All orders placed Mon-Thurs before 11am will be dispatched on the same day. Orders placed over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday. For all UK/Ireland orders please allow 2-3 days for delivery. If your parcel is going on a longer journey to Europe please allow up to 5 days. For USA and Rest of world, allow 7-10 days.
Can I track my order
Yes you can.
USA/Rest Of World
What are your shipping costs?
Our shipping costs are applied at the checkout. Add the products you would like, and your shipping address to view shipping cost.
Do you offer free shipping?
You can enjoy free shipping on all UK on orders over £40 and orders over €50 in Ireland. Highlands/islands??
Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, we happily send Field Day to all far flung parts of the globe. In fact, we love to see our parcels heading off to interesting places.
Can I talk to someone about my order?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 0044 2890 812 145. We will do our best to reply as soon as we can. As a small team our hands are often busy pouring or packing up candles!
Can I change my order?
Of course. Our packing team here works fast, so please get in touch as quickly as you can with any changes or amends to your order. Best to email email@example.com so that we have a record of your request.
Can I include a message with my order?
Absolutely. We love to see heartfelt messages packed in with our Field Day goodies. It’s a privilege for us to pass your message on. Your message can be added at the shopping cart/checkout.
Do you offer exchanges/refunds?
If for any reason you would like to exchange or return your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
I’m not happy with my purchase – what can I do?
We want you to be happy and want to know if you aren’t. Please email email@example.com We will help and advise you.